HI guys & girls! I’m back with a new post and this time it’s all about looking after your skin.
When it comes to your skin, it is never to early to start looking after it. Most people know the importance of making sure their skin is looked after but sometimes, we all have those days were we don’t do enough to keep our complexions looking at their best (I know for me it’s after a night out and SOMETIMES sleeping in my make up because I’m too lazy to take it off, least I’m honest!).
Here are 5 easy ways that I think really can make all the difference.🤦🏻♀️
1. Drink water As simple as it sounds and I know we’ve all heard it a million times, the benefits of drinking water for your skin are unbelievable. This really will help hydrate you from inside out, clear up any problem areas and flushes out all the bad toxins. After all, we are made up of 80% water so why would this not be the perfect solution?!
2. Plenty of sleep Finally, a step that I’m the master of! Getting a good nights sleep helps get rid of dark circles, improves skin tone and help keep the wrinkles at bay. I like to make sure I am getting around 8 hours sleep per night (just as well because without this, I’m no fun) and after doing this during the week, I notice that my skin just seems to look more bright. Lack of sleep can cause dark circles, puffiness to the skin, dehydration and spots so always make sure to try get as much as you can. There is such a thing as beauty sleep!
3. Avoid harsh sunlight. it’s important to protect your skin from the harsh rays which are given off by the sun. The sun dries out all your skins natural oils so it’s really important to make sure you are protected and avoid getting too much sun (specifically around your face) as this can cause those little fine lines we want to avoid.
4. Always remove your makeup before bed I’m guilty of coming home from a night out and not always doing this but it is so important. Make up can be heavy on the skin and sleeping with this can cause it to sink into your pores which can clog them up and cause spots – I’ve always been really lucky with my skin and never gets spots but when I leave make up on, I notice that areas around my eyes are creased and my skin feels so dry. Always remove your make up with a gentle cleanser which works well with your skin (alcohol free as this dries out the skin) to remove all the product/dirt leaving your skin super soft.
5. Buy a good moisturizer that is suitable for YOUR skin type This step is crucial to looking after your skin and too often, people use moisturizers which just won’t be doing their skin any favors – for example – a person with oily skin using a moisturizer for dry skin and the list goes on. Always look for a moisture which will be kind to your skin type as this will work best for your skin in every way. My skin can be dry at times and I swear by Clarins hydra quench for my skin as It just compliments my skin and leaves it feeling full of moisture and soft. There are creams of all prices out there so just have a little look around to see what one you think would work best for you. If you’re wondering what skin type you are, the easier way to see is to take a dry tissue, pat it around your face and pay attention to your T-zone (forehead area and down nose) – examine how your skin looks after this – does it look just normal, dry, oily or a mixture of all (combination) – this will help give you a good indication.
If you really aren’t sure, pop into your local beauty department store and speak to someone – Clinique, Clarins, Kiehl’s ect (somewhere which has a large skincare range).